Every morning I get ready for work while listening to SpongeBob playing on the television in the other room. No, I don’t have little kids. I turn it on for my dogs. Hush. Dogs like TV.
(SpongeBob SquarePants image property of Nickelodeon)
I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m in love with that square little piece of sunshine, and I’ve learned quite a bit from him. I think I may have zeroed in on everything one needs to know to be happy in this lifetime from that crabby-patty-flippin’ sponge.
If you’ve never watched the show, do yourself a favor and tune it. Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Wake each day with a smile on your face.
- Find a job you love to do and do it to the best of your ability.
- Have a very good friend, preferably one who lives next door.
- Have a pet. It makes life so much better.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously.
- Don’t feed into other’s negativity.
- Don’t believe what others say about you, even when they say it to your face.
- Always be kind.
I think that sums it up! Life according to SpongeBob. Have a lovely day, my friends!
(SpongeBob SquarePants show cast from Nickelodeon)